Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Because.. chaos

As much as i wanted the engagement to be a small and SIMPLE event, i need to emphasize on the word SIMPLE. I don't mind putting on extra make up and dress up extra nice for the engagement, but I guess my parents and relatives are much more excited about the engagement than me.

The initial plan was to just order catering food for everyone, since I'll be heading to work immediately after the event finish, and i will definitely get remarks such as "MC sudah" or "asal kene keje? asal tak amek cuti?"

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO must cook must ask aunty A do this ask aunty B do that ask aunty C bring this bring that.

Another thing that made me pissed of is that, me and Fai agreed not to have any gift exchange but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO must get this must get that. And best part, "DON'T TELL FAI." ah yelah, madang everything also want to keep a secret. hah~

And when I flare up and say that all this isn't necessary, what do i get? People say that i am UNGRATEFUL and NOT THANKFUL for the efforts people WILLING to put in for my second engagement since the first one was a total flop.

Look man, i don't even fucking care? It's just an engagement anyway. Not a biggie to me. Don't understand the commotion these people have to create.

Tough luck being a malay. Culture this culture that. Ah culture lah sangat. Menyusahkan.

No comments:

Post a Comment