Friday, February 5, 2016

When colours complicate.

Ibu called her siblings over to my place to discuss about the wedding, of all times, on a day where i had to work night shift! I had to practically zombie my night away at work. Dear mom, if you nak plan these kind of gatherings to discuss MY wedding, do so when I'm not working pleaaseeee.

So the agenda on the list is to actually decide on a colour for the maternal and paternal side to wear. I have already decided on a colour for each side, after considering the deco colours i've picked.

This is where, chaos ensued. This is the first time i went on a bridezilla mode. Come on, I've lived my WHOLE life listening to others, following their instructions and all, I can't possibly let other people override my decisions for my own wedding? And it's not like i picked a ridiculous colour or ask them to wear clown suits for my wedding.

Enough is enough. Fuck respect. Stood my ground firm and said out loud, "BUT IT IS MY WEDDING!"

I have reasons why I insisted on everyone to don the same shade of colour. To me blue is blue, purple is purple, if i pick that colour, THAT COLOUR IT SHALL BE, not blue-red, blue-purple, whatever lah.

Point is, on my BIG DAY, i want to see my family united as one, "disguised" in unison wearing the same colour to at least represent the family. Only god knows how long since we last met up as one big happy fucking family. Ouh, please pardon my vulgarities. I just need to send this message across.

I may look rough but those who knows me truly, knows that i have a big botanic garden in my heart. There are few occasions where i attended the wedding and literally all the family members stood as one wearing the same colour. A great example would be the one where I accompanied F to his relative's wedding or smth, the whole family wore yellow as in ROYAL YELLOW omg they look like bananas coz i'm hungry like that. Add in blue tudung/songket they'll definitely look like minions!

So definitely on my big day, as i sat on my dais, eyes wandering around (because in order for me to NOT SHAKE MY LEGS, my eyes have to wander around, and yes, i have a very bad habit of shaking my legs when i sit), it would definitely soothe my eyes to see everyone wearing the same colour, embracing the moment where I'm Queen for the day. I can't imagine sitting and observing one family wear this colour, another family wear that colour, eh, eyes pain ok? And kinda saddening coz macam no cooperation between families. This is what i believe la.

And no, i'm not asking all of you to wear the same design same pattern, macam uniform like that. NO. All i'm asking is you to buy cloths, and go tailor them yourselves according to your liking. IN A WAY I AM GIVING YOU FREEDOM TO BE CREATIVE AND WEAR WHATEVER DESIGN YOU WANT, JUST IN A COLOR THAT I WANT. It would definitely be easier if i bought the cloths for them but nooooooooo, i can understand each individual may be suitable for this type of cloth but others may not.

See! The problem is already there when I suggested to buy the cloths for them to make their lives easier. At least I am not troubling you to find time and hunt for the cloths. But I've got to thank one of my aunts for being such an easygoing person and say she won't mind ready-made bajus. So yeay! Thank you bibik!

Another note, I'm not having people wear black for my wedding if you're a family member. Imagine the whole lot of you wearing black, YOU WILL JUST LOOK LIKE A SEA OF DEMENTORS SUCKING IN SOULS ON MY WEDDING!!! Doesn't matter if you decide to pair your black baju with other colour hijab/shawls, IT IS STILL A NO. NO NO NO. A wedding is supposed to be a happy affair. If you're turning up to look like a dementor then please tell me in advance so i can standby a bright coloured abaya for you to wear so you don't make my wedding gloomy.

I just want this episode of choosing colours for the family to be done and over with. I may be someone who is always sembarang, okay go, but when i know what i want, i will insist things to follow my way. I will make sure to check on the colours that each family bought. People are saying you won't have time for that. But hey, I have 4 days off after every 4 days of work, what makes you think I won't have time? Don't be surprised eh. Call me a brat if you want but I am spending twenty-over thousand for a two day event just to tire myself out and watch people eat so you better cooperate and don't spoil my big day.

Just a side-note: NO ONE poisoned me anything when i wrote this post, it is basically what i feel after the short gathering. I am 27, I don't need anyone to poison me into having things go my own way.

Another note: Just glad i signed up for a full package with Mawarprada. More to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. OMG ZUEEEE I KNOWWWW!

    My cousin texted me the day before my wedding and asked me, "peeka, grey or purple eh?" Because I told them to wear a combo of SILVER & purple. this one more for ladies la, like baju silver & tudung purple mcm gitu.

    Then he can still ask which one. This one if people want to say i ngada2 fine ah, but i think there is a fine line between silver and grey i know the difference is just like glittery2 gitu. HAHAHA. But youknowww.

    I told them the colours like 4-5 months prior and this one bugger just had to tell me one day before my wedding that, "GREY SUSAH AH NAK DAPAT." 4-5 months before, baju grey tu ntah dia cari kat mana tak boleh nak dapat! It's a freaking neutral colour. I honestly know the struggle!

    I feel you, about really wanting everyone to wear the same colour and such because I had the same strong opinion about it too. Keep fighting for it kay! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PEEEKAAA! ahahaha omg yeay someone understand my position! and yes! i understand about the part ppl say susah nak dapat. eeee macam nak tonyoh mata dorang!

      Delete