Sunday, September 15, 2013

SHELL JURONG ISLAND Family Day 2013 @ Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Well 11th September was the date I have been looking forward to! Yeap, it's the sponsored hotel stay in recognition to this year's family day event. Well for this year, they split up everyone into several groups as they cannot accommodate the large number of staffs that Shell has, and i'm glad it's being done that way because I don't really have to see people I don't like.

This year (well I think it happens once every two years, my first hotel stay was at Resort World Sentosa's Hard Rock Hotel in October 2011, two days before my official integration into Team C), the hotel stay is held at Marina Bay Sands. We were all very excited I tell you! Mainly because we could go skypark for free and also get to experience what's swimming is like at MBS' infinity pool that is only open for hotel guests.

MBS' check-in time was supposedly 3pm but Shell requested for a 2pm check-in. I checked-in about 2ish pm just in time to meet the boys and their family go have our lunch. Yup, I decided to roll with them as it will be much fun as a group even though they're with their families.

I got a room on the 45th floor, my room was facing the city. The toilet is not so impressive though. could have been better.


THE ROOM IS HUUUUGE I TELL YOU!!! it's perfect for family orgy hahaha if I had kids i'm sure they'll be running around in the room. And we got a king sized bed. THE COMFORTER IS SOOO SOOO NICE. The pillow isn't so nice though, it's too soft.

Yours truly on her much awaited and deserved weekday getaway.

The view from 45th floor of Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Rested for awhile, then met the guys at Singapore Flyer's Popeyes outlet. it was a damn loooooong walk there! under the hot sun summore!  should have brought along an umbrella. but i'm thankful mister sun is out to play because it'll be very boring if it rains especially in this unexpected weather.

No pictures at Popeyes though. Total of 4 families ate there. Went back, chillax, waited for about 5.30-ish to go out and swim!


Jaliboy's son. SO NAKAL!!! hhahaha

The boys (guys in actual fact) with their family


Managed to get a glimpse of the sunset whilst atop the swimming pool

The boy

Me with Azhar's wife

Jaliboy! Wak's family in the background

The boy & ahboy (Jonathan)

Jaliboy and sons.
Jonathan, Nurdin & MC behind.

Ya allah susah nak amik gambar dengan ni dua budak kecik.

The boys have left, only me and fiancé still chillaxing in the pool. the view was awesome!

Time for Panorama!












There is also a Jacuzzi at the back and it's facing gardens by the bay. nothing much though. I rather face the city view!


I have no boobies.




57th floor lift lobby. Lotsa people in dressed up nicely going to the club at MBS.

Went back, get showered and dressed up to have dinner. As botak wasn't driving, we cabbed to Esplanade's Makansutra. alamak the food choices there disappointing or what! It's really not a place for Muslims to dine lor. End up only have to settle the typical mee goreng, murtabak variety. Should have seen how Azhar's son eat! such a big appetite for a 9/10 years old boy.

Well later on after dinner, planned to break my club/pub virginity with my colleagues. And since fiancé's not a drinker, I went without him. skipped Avalon but instead my colleagues brought me to Clarke Quay to experience the night club there. A total culture shock! Well, went to The Pump Room as they're comfortable there. had a tower of idkwhat beer because I forgot. didn't now drinks cost sooo much! after the ladies night discount it was about $105-ish? It has been 6 years since I last got high and the feeling was awesome! I just had trouble walking that's all. Drank, talk, smoke, danced for abit (I still haven't got out of the comfort zone to dance like a crazy bitch like how I danced/moshed back in gigs) so I was pretty much like a kental girl on the dancefloor. I liked the singer! the voice is naaaaaaiiisee~

Well it was truly a night that I won't forget. Thanks so much for the company. Had supper at Spize river valley before heading back to our hotel. Knocked out after which till I overslept. Was supposed t check out at 11am and I planned to go for a swim in the morning since the swimming pool opened about 6-ish am. But daaamn boy was I disappointed because I overslept.

Well that's my short weekday vacation at Marina Bay Sands hotel. the infinity pool wasn't something to hype or rave about, perhaps just the stunning views from the pool that is making the reviews go a few notches higher.

But overall, if you got the bucks to spend, this is definitely the place to stay if you're looking at a luxury hotel. only drawback if you're a muslim is that it's quite hard to find a halal certified eatery, especially if you're very cautious about what you're eating.

Do also note that the fridge works on a weight sensor thingy, charges WILL BE INCURED if you move something out of the fridge/bar even though you didn't consume anything. The bar is packed till the brim so there isn't any free space for you to store your bottled drinks that you might have purchased from 7-11.

Overall it was quite a short stay as we couldn't really get to enjoy the full benefits that the hotel have to offer. I was only told that hotel guests get discounts if you're going to visit the Mummy exhibition at Arts Science Museum. GODAMMIT! I really wanted to goooo~!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment