Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hong Kong Trip Day 2; Disneyland!

So the time I've been waiting for has finally come! Several of my colleagues told me that Hong Kong's Disneyland is not really for adults, it's more for the young ones as the rides aren't so thrilling. But hey, different people definitely has different opinions right? I was worried initially that it won't be as fun as i thought as we are all adults! (Well, almost....)

So in the morning, my father insisted he wants to find the "Indian, Pakistani, Malaysian food" sign that was displayed on one of the windows at Chung King Mansion. We had to wait for A LOOOONG time for the lifts to come, and the lifts could only accomodate up to 8 persons, and one lift only serves the even floors and the other, the odd floors. Turns out, the "restaurant" was for members only and it was CLOSED. So we practically waited for the lift, just to starve ourselves further. Oh, not to mention that the building is SOOO RUN DOWN! it's creepy. It's like a spot for drug addicts and cheap sex and easy targets for rapist to lurk!

See, you get what I mean? Obviously, waiting for the lifts to go down would take us another good 20 minutes so we just had to take the stairs down. And this was what i found.

The "excursion", the stairwells was a horror i tell you, we needed to hunt for the exit as it doesn't go all the way to the first floor, so by the time we reached the first floor, we were already famished! So, suck thumb and we settled for breakfast at one of the small "restaurants" on the first floor at Chung King mansion. Had plain prata dip with curry. Point to note is that, the locals there don't eat their prata the way we Singaporeans/Malaysians eat, they just eat it plain. So do remember to request for your curry/gravy alright! No pictures, because obviously, I was too busy filling my tummy. haa-haa.

So next we took the MTR!


Disneyland is located in Lantau Island, so it takes quite some time to get there. How did we get there by public? It's pretty easy!

We took the MTR to Central/Hong Kong station then changed to the orange line (Tung Chung Line/Disneyland Resort line). No worries the signboards are all over the place so it's relatively easy for you to find your way to the correct station. It's a long walk from Tsuen Wan line to Tung Chung line, by the way. Alight at Sunny Bay station, there will be announcements in English that you have to alight to get to the Disneyland Resort Line. So once you step out of the MTR at Sunny Bay, you will be greeted with this ... 

*SQUEALS* THE DISNEYLAND RESORT LINE !!! I saw it in blogs, on the internet, now I'm seeing this cute thing first hand! How cuteeeeee !!! There's even so called "plaques" of the Disney characters in the MTR cabin. And the seats are special!

Just how cute can this be?

The MTR station from the outside, I love how it's designed.

Welcome to Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong !

Every lampost have this banner of the Disney characters, too many of them to take individual shots. 

Me and family nearby the fountain.

Oh yeay! Buying the tickets time! My father got the senior citizen ticket. FYI, senior citizen tickets are for ages 65 and above, dad is only erm... 64 this year. hahah! lucky him. And luckily there wasn't any queue so getting the Disneyland passes was a breeze! So anyway, other than the ticket booths at Disneyland itself, there are other locations whereby you can also get the tickets. One of them is at the kiosks at Avenue of Stars. Click on this link for more information on where you can get the Disneyland Passes.


Feels like childhood, ALL OVER AGAIN!

Time for self-timer shot everyone! What was behind us. Naiiiiseeee ~ !!!

This boy was just pretending to conduct, nothing much of a child prodigy actually. Looks real eh? (:

The Aunt & Uncle

Whilst waiting for them to complete their rides, spotted this boy feeding the birds. Nah-uh boy, bad move. The whole seating/dining area was surrounded by bird poo! Unhygienic ):

The first roller coaster I took at Disneyland, the "Space Mountain". It was quite fun! alot alot alot of turns! Well, what can i say, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO EXPERIENCE IT!

So before I forget, Hong Kong's Disneyland is broken down into 6 parks, which is ....
Main Street USA,
Tomorrowland,
Fantasyland,
Adventureland,
Grizzly Gulch and
Toy Story Land.

Once inside Disneyland, we are all in Main Street USA first, it's like a roundabout where you can get access to all of the parks through Main Street USA. Thus the first park we went to was Tomorrowland!


Our second ride. I don't really know why my father backed off the last minute, as my cousin could drive him on this ride. So i brought my mother along. It looks like go-kart but it isn't, because it runs on tracks! so even without controlling it, the car won't go out of track!

Me & Parents on "Buzz Lightyear, Astro Blaster"
This is quite an interactive ride. It's slow moving, thus the reason why my parents are also going on the rides. Hey, at least they don't pay just to see us enjoy the rides right? There is this kinda "gun" that we can shoot at the targets and actually get points for it! and the car we were in can be controlled and even turn around. Didn't manage to take a snapshot of my parents by the front. bleah~ They were enjoying it, i tell you!

See, Disneyland isn't only for the kids, it's for the seniors as well!

Next stop, Fantasyland!

Onboard "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". And again, my parents went along. It was really nice, there was quite a surprise during the ride. I tried to capture a video of the ride, but stupid me, i forgot to press the record button! So my ride was wasted as i focused mainly on the "video". Dad bought the camera shot of us, and hahah! We were all looking at different directions. Oh Pooh why you so cute!

Next we went to catch the "Mickey's Philharmagic". It's like a 3D movie and it's really interesting. 3D or was it 4D? It's something like the one at Universal Studios Singapore, I can't recall, the Shrek thingy. Except that this showing doesn't come with jerky seats.

There were other attractions at Fantasyland but honestly they are for kids. Wanted to take a picture with the mascots but the queue was horrendously long! So sad me, had to forgo the thoughts.

Next was, ADVENTURELAND!
Picture on the right, kids having fun with the water spout, WITH AN UMBRELLA how cute.

So we hopped on "River Adventure" which was a boat ride "into Safari" where you can see those exotic, never before seen animals upclose. YES! Upclose for real... ! Look, there's a giant tarantula! Just within our reach. OOOOOH SCARY.. ! The guide is sooo cheerful. 

Ouh look! A rhinoceros! 

Ouh hi mister giraffe!

My ouh my, I didn't sign up for my life to be eaten by a crocodile! I'm seriously scared! And what! There's even African natives as well? I was nearly shot! Sheeesssshh~ We all had to duck away to save our lives!
No wonder it's called ADVENTURELAND! our boat almost got engulfed by fire because of the oil spillage that ignited the fire! ahhh!

Well of course all of that wasn't real. hahah! I did gotcha didn't I? Disneyland made it SOOOO REAL i'm really impressed!

Well that was the only ride we took at Adventureland. I almost got into a fist fight with this China lady whilst queueing up for the boat because she just kept NUDGING and PUSHING and NUDGING even though she will be guarenteed the next place in line. I got so pissed, turn around and said CAN YOU STOP PUSHING? CAN'T YOU WAIT? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? well this China lady just showed a stupid face, her boyfriend had to pull her away and tell her to stop pushing. And all she said was "i know" in mandarin. how annoying can Chinese be, seriously?!

I wonder if this statue got lost in Disneyland heheh...

So by the time we completed the ride it was almost 3.30pm, so we sourced out for the eatery that was listed as "Halal". But we got lost, and found this instead!

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY PARADE, DISNEYLAND.

Well just a few shots or otherwise I will be flooding this post with ALOT of pictures. How cute! Cuter than the ones at Universal Studios Singapore. SINGAPORE HAS GOT TO HAVE A DISNEYLAND PLEASE!!!!

So next stop, time to refuel!

Tahitian Terrace located in Adventureland is listed as Halal, and is certified Halal under "Certification from Incorporated Trustees of the Islamic Community Fund of Hong Kong"

The menu! SINGAPOREAN LAKSA! PENANG FISH CURRY! THAI CHICKEN CURRY! RICE!
*RAAAWWWWRR*
Finally!!!!! Proper food for our Asian-food-deprived-body!

I had my laksa! yums yums! it was nice! but it had beansprouts (i dont eat beansprouts), but it's okay! because it's Singaporean food! Dad had to eat his rice out of a bowl, something that i RARELY see, because he only demands his rice to be placed ON A PLATE, seriously. Luckily dad isn't so picky this time. Surprisingly, he managed to finish his meal! He had Penang Fish Curry with Rice. Luckily he ate the fish, as he doesn't really eat all types of fish.

Thank you Disneyland Hong Kong for catering Halal food for your Muslim tourists and guests!

After our lunch, next stop was Grizzly Gulch! So, right after our meals, we took a roller coaster, CLEVER RIGHT. hahaha luckily we didn't throw up. The roller coaster is VERY NICE. Surprises here and there. I knocked my head against my hair pin due to the jerking and it hurts. Again, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO EXPERIENCE IT!

That was mainly all that we did at Grizzly Gulch because we were quite short of time. Again, I didn't manage to take photos with the mascot. Sad sad situation. ):


Next, we took the train that passes the perimeters of Disneyland. We took the train from Fantasyland. And also just in time to catch the setting sun. It was a perfectly nice view. The train ride was also nice, with the background music being played according to the parks that it passed by and the genre of the parks. We went one whole round and alighted again at Fantasyland, then head to Toy Story Land.

One can't help but feel as if he/she is actually in Toy Story Land because the props are so HUGE and it makes us feel SOOOO small as if we are the characters in Toy Story! Took the RC Racer with my uncle as my cousins didn't want to take the ride. It's something like viking, only set to a different format as it takes in the form of Andy's RC car. Oh please pardon my tired face. ((:

I wonder what is in store in "Andy's Toy Box". Opening soon, they said.
Toy Story Land closes 1.5 hours before the official closing of the park to accommodate for the fireworks display which will take place at 8pm at night, just before closing of Disneyland for the day. So yea, our visit to Toy Story Land was short lived as there were other rides that we wanted to take but can't because of the early closing hours. So people, do make Toy Story Land one of your first few parks to visit as it closes early. It's best to avoid disappointment right? (:

So as night falls, and all the parks have been visited, whilst waiting for 8pm, what do we do? WE SHOP! there's alot alot alot of things that can be bought I feel like buying EVERYTHING there oh how cute....

so tadahh! it's 8pm!

People were already crowding along Main Street USA. There were announcements telling people that the lights would be dimmed to make the fireworks experience a memorable one and also advicing visitors to not wander around when the lights were dimmed for their own safety. I will upload a sneak peek of the fireworks display in another post, so stay tuned! It's truly, a magical experience.

My whole day at Disneyland, made me want to watch ALL the cartoons that I have watched since young. It made me reminisce all my childhood days when Mickey Mouse and friends really entertained my days and made me a happy child. Unlike nowadays, cartoons are full of unwanted influence on young kids. *sigh*

We rushed out of Disneyland after the lights were turned on *typical kiasu Singaporean mentality* because we thought everyone would be taking the Disneyland Resort Line out to the main city. And we didn't want to be in the orgy of China nationals as well. But phew, thank goodness we were wrong as the trains on the way back was quite empty! It's only on Tsuen Wan line that got pretty packed. Maybe people are trying to make their way home after work. But hey, THAT LINE is always packed. Don't HK people work or something?

So I end my post with my loot at Disneyland. Spent $200+ Singapore dollars alone on Disney products. But anything that makes me happy, makes me a happy girl.

The shirt I bought for my boyfriend, and my whole loot (excluding coffee table items)

Good Night World .....





No comments:

Post a Comment