Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Holiday 2013: Bali, Day 1

Our first day to Bali was marred by a flight reschedule which we wasn't even aware of. We were left hanging because the display screen only had "Ask Airline" as it's remarks and we didn't even know where to go! tried calling up Garuda Airline but the lines were constantly busy and since i'm the one who's used to travelling, I had to ask around for enlightenment.

And what happened at Transfer A really shocked and pissed us off! Is that the standard of the service quality? The conversation goes like this.

Me: hi, can I check the status of GA042 scheduled to depart at 1315h?
Indian Lady: *rolls eyes and make stuck up face* you didn't hear the announcement? you didn't go to gate 19?
Me: I was there but no one was around and the indian lady directed me to ask the counter.
Indian Lady: You didn't hear the announcement? *rolls eye again* they made the announcement twice, the flight has been changed to SQ, all the passengers has been accounted for.
Me: so the flight already left or what?
Indian fucking lady: no. flight is at 4plus. go to terminal 2 transfer E. give me your boarding pass.

EHHHH I SWEAR I JUST WANT TO CURSE AND SWEAR AT HER but I seriously just don't like giving people a hard time at work but she pisses me off! is this FIRST CLASS SERVICE QUALITY? By rolling her eyes a lot of times and giving me that attitude face? i'm not trying to be racist here but I just have to classify her by her race. it's your job to be directing 'lost' passengers and there you are throwing faces at us? I don't see how all the passengers have been accounted for especially there are several others like us who were unaware of the flight schedule. bloody indian. dah blood in blood out la juga! kuat belit!!!

so we went to terminal 2 to get our boarding passes for SQ. we were also issued food vouchers for dine-in at terminal 3. SERIOUSLY? TERMINAL 3? we walked damn far to terminal 2 and we had to walk back and take skytrain to terminal 3 just to eat? oh nevermind!

so we basically just sat and rot at terminal 2, luckily I brought along my laptop so that I can reschedule the airport transfer.

so the time has come to board the plane, blahblahblah, it wasn't until 5+ pm that the flight actually take off due to heavy traffic at the airport at that point of time. by the time it was our flight's turn to takeoff, there were 8 other aeroplanes behind us waiting for their queue!

by the time we reached Denpasar was almost close to 9. we were greeted by the hotel's driver, who was puzzled initially as he didn't know what type of tourist to expect. because he was wondering about my name, "Nurzulaiha Ya'akof". he initially thought I was from Russia (LOL!) because of the aprostrophe in my surname, he also thought I was malay but couldn't confirm because I didn't have any Binte in my name either. ahahaha really made my day.

the drive from Ngurah Rai airport to our hotel, The Royal Eighteen Resort & Spa is just a mere 10-15 minutes journey. We checked in first then went back down to discuss on the itinerary for day two. I was quite upset that half of our day was burnt due to the flight reschedule but anyway I'm glad we reached there safe and sound.

In a way, exploring the night life in bali isn't complete when you're out with a non-party goer. Walked over to Hard Rock slightly after midnight as it was very near our hotel, but seems like we went on a wrong day as they're having this "Imagine" charity drive and Kotak was the guest band playing at HRC so it was quite erm .... how do I put it ... a gig kinda atmosphere.

Imagine is a charity drive aimed at the locals in Bali to provide proper housing, water and proper hygiene living for those who can't afford the basic necessities. So even though we had to pay cover charge for entry to HRC, am glad that somehow I did contribute to the cause.

So how did I know what Imagine does? because the manager initially came to Kinah and asked if she wants more drinks but this kental girl got scared macam orang want to rape her like that. I had to distract him away from her and I ended up chatting with him instead. had to walpak my way out because he insisted on me joining his friend's private party at a private villa in Jimbaran.

I initially had margarita and the taste sucks. I wasn't so high until I got offered brandy for free (because fogi insisted). lesson learnt: never accept drinks from strangers unless they pour the drinks fresh from the bottle infront of you lest the drinks had been spiked and something bad happens to you. oh well, am glad nothing happen to me though! I ended up getting an earful from someone because I accepted the drinks.

went back to our hotel after that, high not tipsy or drunk, slept.

nightlife experience: zero stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment