Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Self-pampering Session at Healing Touch

Hello hello~

So out of a sudden, during my last night shift, i felt just sooooo lethargic. Can you imagine that at 11pm, i was already dozing off and walking around the lab like a ZOMBIE? only at 11pm oh-mai-goodness i had like another 9 hours to fight till end of shift.

Things started to get worst as i had to endure migraine and also fight my hunger pangs. not sure what's up with me, really. but i felt better after talking to Noora inside CCB though. (i hate how CCB just sounds so vulgar but that's the way it is lol)

yadda yadda. after work, routine to go sheng shiong, hopefully the last for july since Ramadhan is here.  what happened after i reached home, was the first i ever did in my 2 years of shift work: i dozed off with my work clothes on, alllll the way till 7pm.

just..wow. woke up with a temperature and a super aching body. which didn't subside even till the next day. to make things worse, it was pouring the whole of tuesday. so made an appointment with healing touch at Tampines CPF building. i just love how some of these coys have online booking because i am NOT a phone person to be honest. cancelled my pink parlour appointment because i don't wish to blow my wallet no not now i need the cash lol what a pauper

as usual, i was late. but the reception was kind enough to call me up and ask if i will take quite some time to reach.

FLAW NUMBER 1: what turned me off upon reaching was that the place was in the midst of some minor restoration works. wallpaper all over. there wasn't any mention of any restoration works or so. it wasn't even indicated in the website.

so the therapist brought me into the room. it was my first time going for a massage ALONE because all these while i've been going with my fiance. felt claustrophobic at first. changed into the disposable panties, laid on the bed.

FLAW NUMBER 2: the walls aren't really designed to go right up all the way to the ceiling. so the therapy room was kinda like a bigger version of the toilet cubicle. so you can hear footsteps and people talking. what's worse was it sounds like you're having a massage with the doors open. yes, you can really hear people whispering and the sounds of footsteps were very clear.

the masseuse initially covered my body with the towel and started to knead my back. oh, she asked me which part of my body do i want to focus. her english wasn't so clear so i had to make her repeat several times. i thought, oh no, is this going to be an oil-less massage??? nooo~!!! but i was wrong, after kneading my body the masseuse used her oil, smells like lemongrass mmm how soothing. then she started working on my shoulders first, gah~ i hate that part because it hurts!

i forgot to mention, i opted for the ASIAN FUSION MASSAGE..

i like how pressure was used but it doesn't cause any sharp pain to my body. unlike the time when i went for a massage at Jean Yip Loft, i think the masseuse there used her elbows throughout the massage, i had to endure 1 week of body aches! most people say that it's normal to have body aches after a massage but that was just too much~

my favourite part of the massage? when she used her forearms, applied pressure on my lower back and bum and massage that area. i have always been getting lower back pain on and off ever since starting full time work, and that was the most shioook ah feeling ever. maybe i shall teach fiance to massage me in that way when i'm having my backache hehe

after which, the massage session ended with a head massage. how...nice...

ended my session with a cup of warm ginger tea, made payment and left.

didn't manage to check out the toilets/showering area because of the mess that the area was in due to the restoration works.

HINT HINT: noticed how i had my drink, made payment then left? there's something missing right? YEAH HEALING TOUCH DOESN'T DO ANY HARD SELLING!!! they do have a package prices on their coffee table and reception but they do not specifically make their staff do hard selling! which i totally love! unlike at jean yip loft and beyond beauty, they make sure they hard sell you and when you insist on saying NO, their faces just changed and their after services sucks from that point on. like hello? it's not like i am purchasing cheap ala carte services from you ok?

So what have i got to say after my first massage session with healing touch?

The good:
1- online booking is prompt. gives you a confirmation right away.
2- no hard selling
3- friendly staff

The bad:
1- doesn't really provide a serene and quiet massage environment (but maybe it's just at tampines branch? i shall try going other branches in the near future)
2- they were having minor works, which wasn't made clear to me. thankfully i didn't have my sinus attack

Will i go there again?
Definitely yes. Already thinking of going for a facial there but i had to ensure that the outlet is fully operational without any works being done to the walls.

for more information on the services healing touch provides, you can visit their website at http://www.healingtouch.com.sg/

[i am not affiliated with healing touch nor paid to do a review. just my two cents of opinion yo~]

so.. i'm done.

to all muslims, have a blessed Ramadhan ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment